Friday, November 21, 2014

My Path


My Path~ Kelsey
I have a few different interest, but my number one interest is visual arts because I love drawing and designing things. I like writing to, but that is just a hobby for me not a career interest.


My After high school plans
After High School I plan to go to college, but I might take a year off before I go to college because I need a break from school. I haven't decided whether or not I want to be a Art Director or a Multimedia Artist and Animator. They are similar in their skills category. The median salary for a Art Director is $80,880 per year. The median salary for a Multimedia Artist and Animator is $61,370 per year. Multimedia Artist and Animator’s pros are that I don’t have to learn Sociology and Anthropology. The con is Communication because I’m not social. Art Director’s pros are I have almost everything I wanted in a job. The cons are Sociology and Anthropology and the Communication. I need to have a kind and honest personality. The skills we need to have are Fine Arts, English Language, Communication and Media, Computers and Electronics, Customer and Personal service and Administration and Management.

My Job
For my future job I would need to go to college to get my bachelors degree. To get my bachelors degree I need to go to college for 4 or 5 years. A college that would suit me has to be in Ohio because I want to be close to my family. I want to get a scholarship, but that might not happen. So if I had to get a job to pay off my college education, I will. I also have a bank account that my grandma puts money in for my college education. I have discussed this with my parents not in full detail, but we have discussed it a little.


Career day
A few days ago we did career day, and it made me think of what kind of life I want when I get older. My job on career day was a fine artist. I sculpted and painted. I had four kids. Three girls and one boy. I realised that kids are really expensive, and I had to go and get another job even though I made pretty good money. What I researched and what job I had is sort of alike, but I don’t paint or sculpt.  What surprised me the most is probably how much everything cost. I don’t usually look at the prices when I am shopping. Career day changed my mind about how I should manage my money, and where I should go to college because some colleges are really expensive.
My future


My education from this point on will probably not change. The only thing I will probably change is the fact that I don’t study, and I have to put more effort in my school work. My mind has changed a little about money, but more of how I can use it wisely instead of blowing it off. My thoughts on my path in about 5 years is just to graduate because you never know I might have new career interests.



Art Director





Multimedia Artist and Animator







1 comment:

  1. Kelsey, nice post about your future and career, but make sure you change the color of your text because I can't read it. I could only read it when I highlighted it. Please repost - Watch how you punctuate your sentences some are runon sentences.

    ReplyDelete